On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 6:04 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 02/10/14 14:33, Rob Weir wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 7:05 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> after a longer vacation and some silence in the past weeks I would like
> >> to discuss the release manager role.
> >>
> >> I think it's time that somebody else takes over this role and drives
> >> active the next release. I did it since the beginning of OpenOffice at
> >> Apache but I think it is a good opportunity for somebody to be more
> >> active in the community and take over some responsibility.
> >>

> > Hi Juergen,
> >
> > Thanks, from all I assume, for your efforts in this area.  Not only
> > were you the Release Manager, but you defined the role itself for AOO,
> > a project with more complicated release requirements than most others
> > at Apache.

Juergen's role as release manager has been outstanding as far as I'm
concerned! Thank you, Juergen.

> > If someone was considering stepping in as the Release Manager for the
> > next release, what should they be looking at?  Is there a wiki page or
> > other documentation that defines the process?
>
> not yet but we should collect the different pieces in one place to make
> it easier and to have a reference or some kind of check list ...

This kind of check list is vital to passing on the release manager role.

I also fully agree that we should take future client distributions from the
Apache buildbot. We need to make the Mac buildbot a priority for this.