> On 2014-11 -23, at 12:58, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 7:41 AM, Rob Weir <r...@robweir.com> wrote:
>
>> Those who know the history know that Apache OpenOffice is the
>> continuation of the OpenOffice.org project, which itself came from a
>> proprietary suite developed in Germany called StarOffice, which itself
>> started as StarWriter, an application written in 1985 by Marco Börries
>> .
>>
>> So next year, in 2015, will be our 30th anniversary.
>>
>> Any ideas what we might do?
>>
>> For example, does anyone still have a Zilog Z80 (or an emulator) that
>> can run the original StarWriter?
>>
>> It looks like some emulators here:
>>
>> http://www.z80.info/z80emu.htm#EMU_CPU_W32
>>
>> It might be interesting to show the history of Writer, from release to
>> release, via a set of screen shots (or a movie) showing the evolution
>> of the UI.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -Rob
>>

> Can we reach a consensus on whether 2015 should be a 25 yr or 30 yr
> anniversary? It would be great to get some graphic types involved soon in
> creating an appropriate logo for the websites to put up in 2015.

Why do we need a certain date to enable good graphics? Note, I’m a historian.
That means that I distrust any claim to date certainty and believe, rather,
that we can trace backwards the emergence of modalities of living which in the
present lay claim to having been birthed at particular moments, though in
historical narrative that was only when they were revealed to be as such.

Hence, a graph(ic) would do nicely, no? Not a cake but a chart?