jan i wrote:
Marcus is now member of Apache Software Foundation.
Marcus was invited after the yearly membership meeting and accepted.

Congratulations, Marcus!

And I hope we can soon admit more people "from OpenOffice" (this means nothing, but I'll use it to mean "people whose primary activity at Apache is within the OpenOffice project") into the Apache membership.

As recent discussions (CMS, to name just one) show, it is important that OpenOffice feels part of the Apache Foundation, not to receive orders from it, but on the contrary, to do its part in improving it.

Regards,
  Andrea.