On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 15:31:11 -0400
Jake Kamin <jk.ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there -
> I don't know if this is the right email address for my particular concern
> but I will go ahead anyway.
> My concern is the Spell check and Grammar Check on OpenOffice Writer. When
> I turn it on, it gives ALL the words an underline and in contrary, I don't
> want this to happen and only when there is/are a legitimate mistake(s)
> present as if I were using Microsoft Word.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jake Kamin
>
> --

The usual starting point for spellcheck problems is to delete or rename the
OpenOffice user profile. Doing this sorts out a very large proportion [read:
most] of OpenOffice stability problems. Details of how to do this are given in
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426

If you have a customised user profile (i.e. dictionaries and autocomplete
entries) rename the profile folder rather than delete it; the customised
components can be brought forward later to the new profile that will be created
on next start of OpenOffice.  After completing the delete or rename, look for
OpenOffice to prompt for your name/initials on next startup.  If it doesn't,
you need to reread the instructions.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>