On 6 May 2015 at 11:28, Gavin McDonald <gmcdon...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I notice that appoximatly half of the mails to this development list are
> user queries.
>
> Rather than answer those user questions here can we maybe not answer them
> but redirect
> them to the correct mailing list ?

I think it is a good idea, and I do also see that happen quite often.

Maybe the procedure should be, redirect the mail (with a copy to the
sender), and then respond to the mail on users@

> This will help stop the dilution of this list and eventually we’ll end up
> with development discussion
> without having to weed out the user queries.

While I agree wit your POW, please be aware that this list is also used for
general discussions, so from time to time the line between a user
question and things we discuss here are very thin (e.g. problems with
download).

> i.e. - Im on this list for dev stuff only.

It is nice to have you here.

rgds
jan i.