Hi Erik,

Johnson, Erik schrieb:
?Hello,

I am attempting to disable certain functions of the toolbar in OpenOffice. The
version I have is 3.4.1 and I have created the commands.xml file and placed it
in the proper file location. My issue is that I can not disable the drop down
menu arrow button, once the toolbar icons have been removed. It still will
allow a person to add or create a toolbar with icons and functions that I would
like to disable. So my question, Is there a way to disable the drop down menu
arrow button on the toolbar?

If the user cannot alter settings in the installation folder, then you can write the restrictions into the configuration files in the installation folder. For the file format look at http://people.freedesktop.org/~vmiklos/2013/oor-document-format.html Especially the parts "Layering and Merging" and "Access Control" might be helpful.

To be honest, I have not done such, but the descriptions in that document look promising.

A different question is, why you need such restrictions. For creating a well defined environment, it might be easier to reset the user profile to a profile with your preferred setting using a batch process on starting the client.

Kind regards
Regina