On 24/07/15 18:36, jan i wrote:
> On Friday, July 24, 2015, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 18/07/2015 Davide Dozza wrote:
>>
>>> I have a vm with visual studio express 2008 I use to build AOO for
>>> win7. It is accessible from Internet. I can support the building
>>> process.
>>>

>> I expected this thread to yield much more detailed information on what
>> systems we used for 4.1.1 and the exact build options we used, and if those
>> systems are still available to use (or to be ported to buildbots, or
>> whatever).
>>
>> I still hope that someone can provide all details. Feel free to send them
>> to me personally if they are in an attachment that would be rejected by the
>> list.
>>
>> In the meantime, Davide, my best advice would be to try a build of
>> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/branches/AOO410/
>> with the configuration options listed at
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
>> (they are not 100% up-to-date, probably, but they should be quite close).
>>
>> The next step would be to bring this within Apache somehow (dedicated VM,
>> buildbot...) and then the much more challenging problem of digital signing
>> can be tackled. Note that I haven't checked the current buildbot
>> configuration since I'm not sure at all that our 4.1.1 Windows builds came
>> from a buildbot (actually I believe that was NOT the case).
>
> None was done with buildbot.
>
> I do however have no idea what you would do on a dedicated vm. The
> buildbots can be reconfigured in a single file. You basically just need to
> update the configure statement, I do
> not know where we store the release config, I have asked that question in
> here several times.
>
> Digital signing, can be done from any machine (apache or private). One way
> is to follow the steps I outlined in here a year ago.

unfortunately we never reached the state where we were able to use build
bots that matches the criteria we had for our binary builds. The Linux
build bots had not the necessary baseline we needed and for Windows I
believe to remember that some requirements were not fulfilled as well. I
think I can help to build the binaries ...

But as I mentioned MacOS is currently not building and I haven't tired
Windows and Linux for a while.

AOO 4.1.2 should be build on the AOO410 branch and related fixes have to
be merged from trunk. I think Andrea is working exactly in this
direction and this is just a reminder how we did it in the past.

The used build flags are on this wiki page in the bottom listed
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds

They should be still valid, maybe the language list got extended.

Juergen