Hi

it seems there are different opinions on how to handle the rest of the
chair election process.

I suggested a timeline, in the beginning, but I cannot see consensus, so I
will not change the timeline,
however if any other PMC member wants to do it, then I am positive as long
as we have a solution no
later than the september board meeting.

An alternative (not my preference) could be to start the vote now until
e.g. september 15th, in the understanding that if a second (or more)
candidate turns up, the vote is restarted.

rgds
jan i.