Hi all,
Comments inline.

> On 03 Sep 15, at 16:24, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> As we discussed some weeks ago, the next ODF Plugfest will be held in The
> Hague, Netherlands, mid-September:
> http://plugfest.opendocumentformat.org/2015-thehague/programme/
>
> There are three issues that require attention in a very short time. Deadline
> is 8 September when not otherwise specified.
>
> 1) Is anyone going in the end? We discussed this at length. I've never
> considered going since it overlaps with another event I'm scheduled to
> attend. Dennis and Roberto were both mentioned (and Dennis later clarified he
> is busy in the US). Of course if someone goes we can still discuss to
> allocate a budget from our events fund.

The event somewhat overlaps with a personal engagement but that may be
negotiable. It depends on how much subsidy we have to support this very late
trip—of mine, I mean. I’d be coming from Toronto, Canada. A quick price check
via Orbitz reveals that for a flight via the dodgy Air Transat the cost (R/T)
would be about 740 USD. Include an Airbnb room—don’t know how much that would
be but probably not that much, though still, for three days, at leasts 150 USD,
and probably more. (I’m guessing the Hague is costly.) Besides Air Transat, the
average price for airfare to AMS is about 1300 USD; to the Hague (Rotterdam)
500 USD more or so. I’m guessing a train trip from AMS is cheaper.

I’ve been to several of these events, including, I think, the initiating one. I
know ODF fairly well, was on the Oasis TCs, etc. (I quit them a couple of years
ago.) The drawback for me going is I’m not developing ODF or for ODF and though
I can certainly represent AOO’s continued interest in furthering usage of ODF,
not to mention other Apache projects’ ODF work, to some extent I’ll be mostly
competent at relaying speech.

> 2) I was contacted (for no special reason; I've never attended a Plugfest) by
> Basil Cousins of Openforum Europe, who gave me permission to forward his
> request here, about updating a leaflet for the next ODF Plugfest. The 2014
> version is here:
> http://openforumeurope.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/OFE-COIS-DFD-ODF-Open-Document-Principles-for-Government-Technology-March-2015.pdf
> and there is also an infographic available at
> http://www.openforumeurope.org/library/odf-toolkit-2/
> Can you please suggest content updates to this leaflet? Basil in is CC. We
> can discuss updates on this list and then one of us, ideally someone who
> attends the event, can send the final comments to Basil. The part needing
> more attention is the Applications Choices section on page 5.

I can look at it, too. But others, here, can surely weigh in. I think we have
talent to enhance this, no?

> 3) For this leaflet they also ask for a contribution for printing. One can
> support printing the English version (addressed to UK government), the Dutch
> version (addressed to Dutch government) or both. The contribution is 100 GBP
> (so about 135 EUR or 150 USD) for each edition. If you feel it would be
> useful, I assume that the fund for events and merchandising could be used to
> support this. Please state if you propose that we allocate budget and, in
> case it's a yes, if you'd rather contribute to the English version or both
> versions.

I think it would be money well spent.

Note. This ODF Plugfest brings together some rather important players form the
UK, which is supposedly tending toward it. Independent of any particular
implementation’s concerns or desires, it is, as Roberto G. pointed out,
important that there be *real* solid interest in working with the government to
satisfy their mandate.

> Regards,
>  Andrea.

-best