On 12/31/2015 10:30 AM, Max Merbald wrote:
Hi,

let me say a few words on this too:

I have had the autosave option enabled for ages and I've never
experienced a problem I'd relate to this. In the contrary, it has helped
me a few times to retrieve a document I've had a problem with (such as
losing it for some reason or other. I think users will benefit from the
autosave being enabled by default.

I also have autosave enabled, and have not experienced any problems with
it personally.

I think those who consider it a real problem, justifying not enabling
autosave by default, should identify or create an independent Bugzilla
entry just for it, and add the information from any prior e-mails etc.

This sort of discussion is exactly why I feel that the first step in any
debug effort should be collecting and organizing information, prior to
even thinking about debug strategies, let alone workarounds and fixes.

On the other hand I think there is a number of things in the autoformat
section that shouldn't be enabled by default as they might just irritate
an inexperienced user who cannot figure out why unwanted changes in the
text are made. For the same reason they might annoy experienced users.

The first thing I do with any word processing program is go into the
various options and turn off all the automated changes I can find.

Think about it - and a happy New Year!

Max