Carl Marcum wrote:
On 01/15/2016 07:20 PM, Carl Marcum wrote:
Can code like this be used as-is in an Apache project?
[1] https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2520

Your best option is probably to contact the author and ask him for permission to use under the Apache License 2 the code he posted in forum discussions. Failing that, it's hard to tell what license applies to that code due to the several infrastructure and policy changes over the last 8 years.

I forgot to mention I tried the "Policies and Terms of Use" link on the
main page that linked to [2] and got  404 page not found.
[2] http://www.openoffice.org/terms_of_use

I think that page has moved to https://openoffice.apache.org/terms.html ; can somebody confirm it before we update the link in the Forum site footer, please?

Regards,
  Andrea.