On 02/01/2016 12:27 PM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
A thread on en-Forum suggests that there may be a difference, perhaps  even a
bug, between the RPM and DEB linux installs.

In /Tools /Options /OpenOffice : General, there is an option to switch between
OO file dialogues and O.S. file dialogues.

In this thread
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=81618
the OP posts a screenshot to show he has not that option running on CentOS 7.1.
 acknak, a Forum Administrator, has the option running on Fedora 23, but
indicates that it doesn't work.   Both of these are RPM installs.

It does work for me running on Xubuntu 15.10 (DEB file install)

Can list members with appropriate machines confirm this difference before we
post it to Bugzilla?

RPM install on Fedora 20 w/Gnome 3 works.

Carl