I expect to complete my "Building on Windows" project in the next day or so, by documenting the results in https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#Windows_7

That means it is time to pick another project. Any suggestions?

Here is a brief resume:

Education:

B.Sc. Mathematics, Imperial College London, 1970
M.Sc. Computer Science, Birkbeck College London University, 1975
Ph.D. Computer Science, UC San Diego, 2009

Work:

I worked from 1970 to 2002 for NCR, Celerity, FPS, Cray Research, and Sun Microsystems. I worked on application software, operating systems, compilers, system performance, and server platform architecture. I was performance architect for the Sun E10000 and 15K.

Unfortunately, my professional end-user applications development experience was writing programs that expected punch card or paper tape input. More recently, I have written computer performance models in C++ and Java, and did simulations in Java for my dissertation research.

Although my C++ experience is rusty and predates widespread availability of the STL, I should be able to get it up to date relatively easily. I have used templates and operator overloading.