OpenOffice really needs more developers, especially build experts but also programmers in general.

We do have a web page, http://openoffice.apache.org/get-involved.html, but it it not very obvious and tends to emphasize non-programming contributions. Those are very valuable, but we have far too few developers.

The download page, https://www.openoffice.org/download/, could have a "Developers Needed" block similar to the "Help Spread the Word" block, linking to http://openoffice.apache.org/get-involved.html.

If this does get us some more developers, I am volunteering to shepherd and organize them. I don't think just telling them to pick something to work on is an effective way of getting them started - we seem to lose a lot of people at that point.