Am 10/19/2016 10:23 PM, schrieb Peter Kovacs:

On 19.10.2016 12:06, Pedro wrote:
[...]

I wanted to know in case if there is a change to Jira planned if we want
this Issue to operate on.

no, there are no plans. And as you have seen it already correctly, it would be a hugh effort to do a successful migration of old BZ data into new Jira data.

In my opinion a Bug tracker is Dev Space not user space. And even if
when I try to give a user a satisfactory answer, I am fine if someone
else gives a non satisfactory answers.
And most Answers we currently close tickets with are none user friendly.

In my opinion it would need a Community team instead of a QA team to
translate User issues (from a Forum?) into Bug tracker Issues. But we
dont have that ressources I think. We can only work through the Mess we
have and see if we find stuff worth solving.

Unfortunately, ACK.

Sorry for the rather negative picture. But I checked and we have 3000+
unconfirmed Issues. I will try to help here as much as I can. But I also
want to develop something. And it is realy not easy if there is the

There is a webpage that tries to guide the user to file an issue via a simpler approach [1]. Maybe you find it worth to look at it and develop it further.

thing you want to do in one corner and the thing that makes sense in the
other corner. This is a bit frustrating Picture for me. :P

I fully understand you. Personally I also would like to do more in BZ but it's difficult to satisfy all (or most) user questions/requests.

[1] http://www.openoffice.org/qa/issue_handling/pre_submission.html

Marcus