Am .01.2017, 09:24 Uhr, schrieb Peter Kovacs <legi...@gmail.com>:

We see in Star citizen how mighty crowd can be.

Maybe a platform would be great where people can pledge money for something
they need.
If the needed budget is reached, payed developers implement it.
Or we could do it as a bonus system. You pledge money on a bug/enhancement,
if the bug gets included in the release the developers get a payout.

I will ask, on community, how other Apache projects deal with this problem. I have some similar things in mind.

This is just an idea. I am not sure if we can do business within the ASF or
if we have to found a 3rd party entity for this.

It definitely need a external instance.

If we have to go 3rd party I prefer a cooperative society as a legal form.
https://ec.europa.eu/growth/sectors/social-economy/cooperatives/european-cooperative-society_de

All the best
Peter

Raphael Bircher <rbircherapa...@gmail.com> schrieb am Sa., 14. Jan. 2017,
06:32:

Hi at all

If we compare AOO to day with the good old OpenOffice.org Project in 2006,
we have now a tiny community. Well, we will be able to maintain the
project, make some bugfix and maybe some features too. But we will never
track down the work who is in our issue tracker.

But surprisingly we have still a very height download number. If you read
comments on social media you see, that many are really happy with the
programm. The problem is, tat this user simply are looked out from the
product development. The Enduser can only watch and pray.

While most bigger Apache Projects has a well working business model
behind, OpenOffice has nothing. In fact we never cared about it. I believe
it's rely time to change this. There are maybe at the moment no big
investors, but maybe more individuals who love the idea.

I know, we have to stick within the Apache rules, but this should be
possible. So let's collect ideas here.

Regards, Raphael

--
Mein Blog: https://raphaelbircher.blogspot.ch

Disclaimer: Diese Nachricht stammt aus einem Google Account. Ihre Antwort
wird in der Google Cloud Gespeichert und durch Google Algorythmen zwecks
werbeanaöysen gescannt. Es ist derzeit nicht auszuschließen das ihre
Nachricht auch durch einen NSA Mitarbeiter geprüft wird. Durch
kommunikation mit diesen Account stimmen Sie zu das ihre Mail, ihre
Kontaktdaten und die Termine die Sie mit mir vereinbaren online zu Google
konditionen in der Googlecloud gespeichert wird. Sollten sie dies nicht
wünschen kontaktieren sie mich bitte Umgehend um z.B. alternativen zu
verhandeln.

--
Mein Blog: https://raphaelbircher.blogspot.ch