On 3/20/17 1:46 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Hi -
>
> SourceForge has been very helpful to the OpenOffice community. But with the
> issues seen in the other thread it may be time to explore what it would take
> to find an alternative way to host the OpenOffice extensions and templates
> sites. We need to have quick support and there is risk to the community not
> to have it.

Hi Dave,

I don't see how a different host would help with the lack of general Drupal
skills, or specific knowledge about the Templates and Extensions sites.  But
I'll be glad to answer your questions.  And to continue to hunt down any
technical problems in the other thread (so far they don't really seem to be that
widespread, might just some templates that aren't public).

> In order to begin an exploration of this it would be important to know the
> size of the “problem”. A few questions about the scope.
>
> (1) How many downloads in a month and what is the pattern?

50-60,000 templates per month

https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoo-templates/files/stats/timeline?dates=2017-01-01+to+2017-03-21

45-90,000 extensions per month

https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoo-extensions/files/stats/timeline?dates=2017-01-01+to+2017-03-21

At those stats links you can explore over time, country, and platform.

> (2) How many extensions are there?

3013

> (3) How many templates?

50,339

> (4) What scheme is used for login/security?

SourceForge accounts are used to manage the aoo-templates and aoo-extensions
projects, which contain all the file releases and ssh/sftp access to web hosting
(apache/php/mysql).  The Drupal sites are separate, so have their own security.
I am not familiar with how it was developed, but I would imagine it is standard
Drupal security.

--
Dave Brondsema : d...@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal