Yep... I've disabled using '--P2 -- --P2' as well, in
case it's something about parallel jobs, etc.

Weird as anything. The only thing I can think of is that
the links on the step-to-step guide are pointing to newer
versions of things, which is what is breaking my win7 builds.

I may try w/ a super-bare bones ./configure setup and see
how far I can go.