Am .10.2017, 15:38 Uhr, schrieb Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>:

Jim Jagielski wrote:
Considering this issue, this means that 4.1.4 is also DOA. I will wait for
a few more hours, for West Coast to get online but my plan is to
start the process for AOO-415

We are still in time for retiring 4.1.4-RC4 (not 4.1.4 altogether).

Builds are on SourceForge but they've never been distributed and they can be replaced by new builds.

4.1.4 is tagged but SVN tags can be deleted and recreated. Not best practice, but surely feasible.

Remember that the amount of code changes needed to produce something named 4.1.5 is quite significant and very much error-prone. Take a look at the relevant issues in case, but for a "quick fix" I would definitely stick to 4.1.4, produce 4.1.4-RC5 and vote on RC5, while undoing what we did for 4.1.4-RC4.

+100

Note: I'm writing all of the above without having had the time to look at the patch or test. I'll do that this evening, European time. I have still to understand the importance of this bug too - I assume this affects potentially many users, otherwise we can go the slippery way of "fix just another small bug" for ages.

Regards,
   Andrea.