On 18/10/2017 19:02, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

This is OK as long as the Apache Policy doesn't get in the way too much... I mean, I highly appreciate when people provide a list of what they did to justify their +1. But this shouldn't be used "against" them.

+1 (as a user)

ASF does a hell of a job to discourage participation! I particularly like this gem "the basic rule is that only PMC members have binding votes, *and all others are either discouraged from voting (to keep the noise down)* or else have their votes considered of an indicative or advisory nature only.

I'm glad AOO PMC members take these recommendations with a pinch of salt.

Kind regards,
Pedro