Maybe it is nice to be aware on the differences between svn and git [0]

As a quick start comparison of commands is helpful [1]

For Windows there is also a tortoise client [2]. However if you use
tortoise for svn too, be careful. Last time I wanted to use both I had
some trouble.

github [3] and atlasians bitbucket [4] have some tutorials. Even both
refer to their own cloud, but that is I think not big deal to think of
our online repo instead.

[0] https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitSvnComparison

[1] http://git.or.cz/course/svn.html

[2] https://tortoisegit.org/