On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 15:03:24 -0600
Joan Isenberg <joangisenb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have Apache Open Office 4 on my computer and cannot find answers to the
> following questions:
> 1) How do I change the default font from Times New Roman to something else?
> Everything says hit the HOME button but I do not have that on my menu.
> 2) What happened to my recycle bin? How can I delete documents?
> 3) How can I change the name of a saved document?
>
> I'm not very impressed with the program or the online support. I hope you
> will answer this email.
> *joangisenb...@gmail.com <joangisenb...@gmail.com>*
> Joan Isenberg

A way to change the default fonts in OpenOffice is to use
/Tools/Options/OpenOffice Writer : Basic fonts (Western) and select the changes
using the dropdowns. If using a Mac, Options is under preferences.

It is better to change the fonts in the default template(s) you use, but you
will have to learn how to use Styles, which are the best way to control
formatting in OpenOffice.  A good introduction is given in
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Writer_for_Students

The recycle bin is on your operating system's desktop - it does not form part
of OpenOffice - if you reduce the OO window from full screen you may perhaps
(depending on sizes and layouts etc) see the Recycle bin.

Deletion of documents is best done at system level on your computer.  If you do
not wish them to show in /File /Recent documents, click on the "clear list"
entry at the bottom of that list; however, the documents will still remain on
your computer until deleted - as I wrote, best done at system level.  However,
in OO's file selection dialogs one can select a file and press the Delete key.
I do not think there is any recovery from this, which is why it is better to
delete files at system level.

You can change the file name name of a document by (in OO) "/File /Save as" and
giving it a new name.  You will now have two files - the new and the old.  If
you  right click on a file at system level, you should be offered a popup which
will include Rename file.

The online support is offered by OO users on a pro bono basis.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>