I've implemented static libraries, added linker version scripts, and made
some cleanups, and 22 modules can now be converted to SCons (up from 19 a
week ago).

AllLangResTarget is the next big target, and it seems exceptionally
complicated, with 3 layers of intermediate targets: .src --(transex3)-->
.src --(rsc)--> .src --(cat)--> .srs --(rsc)--> .res per language in
AllLangResTarget, with transex3 being skipped when not building
translations. Since the .src can #include C headers, they will need a
custom dependency scanner, in addition to the custom builder that all
custom targets need, plus of course delivery rules. Fortunately, as it's
Python, we have some flexibility as to how to implement it.