Hi Carl,

On 6/4/2022 3:31 PM, Carl Marcum wrote:
... cut ...
Am 03.10.21 um 15:12 schrieb Rony G. Flatscher:
Searched on the Internet but found no pointers so asking here.

Problem: something goes wrong while registering a Java based extension (an oxt ), but no information
is supplied.

Question: how to get debug (logging) information from a Java based extension?
Maybe with a Java
stacktrace?

---rony

P.S.: Could find the cause in the oxt, but this was really quite time consuming
(and therefore
effortful). Some new Java code caused a Runtime exception such that the registering of the oxt could
not conclude; it would have helped a lot, if the Runtime exception was supplied
rather an empty
message was given (using unopkg from the commandline).

So the error is during unopkg and not when using the installed extension
correct?
Yes.
For runtime errors on Linux I start the office from the command line and you can println output to it from the extension.

Thank you very much for this hint!

Are you using the --verbose option when using unopkg from the command line?

Yes.

As mentioned in the other reply, one of my problems is that in order to quickly get (re-)adjusted to this infrastructure (being away because of other efforts for quite some time in between activities) I would need some short, functional examples (like a nutshell extension in Java with proper packaging to become able to experiment with both, the Java code and the packaging, hoping to develop a conceptual model by doing so). It may be the case that these samples exist, but that I have not found them. So any hint or link to such (Java) nutshell examples would be great as they probably help a lot getting afloat quickly.

---rony