Marcus wrote:
Am 28.05.23 um 21:03 schrieb Arrigo Marchiori:
On Sun, May 28, 2023 at 01:34:56PM +0200, Matthias Seidel wrote:

Apart from the major task to write a Readme... ;-)

  - We had some files encoded with CRLF, maybe there are still others?
  - We have a lot of mixed indentation (spaces+tabs) that produce
warnings with newer compilers.
  - We still have a big amount of German comments that need to be translated.
  - We have a vim modeline in some files, shouldn't we use them more?
  - ...

I really don't know where to stop here!

Before we talk about a timeline, let's do the basic tasks...  A
"cleaner" source code may also attract volunteers/developers.

What do others think?

IMHO, the highest hurdle for new contributors, today, is our build
system, especially under Windows.

I'm not a core developer but I tend to +1 here.

Marcus

I am not a developer, but my years as a Process Engineer taught me that maintenance must be a high priority for any successful endeavor. a definite +1 from me.

Keith