("above" copied below the post)

But above you stated just the opposite: display is bad when all options
are "on". Could you please clarify this?

Sorry for the confusion:

By "well displayed" I mean that the correct data is displayed, not that it looks good or not.

With the options "on", the display looks good but is erroneous: some OLE files display the obsolete Japanese, some display the translated English.

With the options "off", the display looks bad but is correct: all the OLE files display the translated English.

So, it looks to me that there may be some "change history" (???) kept in the OLE files, and with the options "on" OOo does not see the difference with some of the old OLE and the changes they should display.

I may be totally wrong in my interpretation though :)

As for your explanation below, it looks like it could apply to my problem, but I really don't see where the old contents is kept in the OLE and why the "on" options would select to display the old contents rather than the recent, translated, contents, and this at random (some files show the English, other the Japanese)...

JC

I just got an imported PPT file and OLE objects were not properly
displayed in NO/J. I had to turn off the load/save options I had
checked to see the real contents.

Are there been similar issues with OLE already reported ?

There could be several problems, most are related to import filter
failure. But you description is too vague for a helpful answer. What
exactly means "not properly displayed"?

Matthias,

Thank you for your reply.

The document I am working on is a PPT in Japanese with XLS OLE in
English. The original OLEs were in Japanese but have been translated.

When I have all the load/save options on I have some OLE in English,
some in the original Japanese. The display is, well, good looking. I
don't know how to describe that. Some parts of the XLS are mere text,
some are real table. The tables look like tables, the descriptive text
looks like it could be a normal PPT slide (no spreadsheet cell lines
etc).

When I have all the load/save options off I have the OLEs in English
but the display has XLS cell lines, font display is not good (some
letters are superimposed).

Anyway, I will just explain what happens in both cases in OOo1.x, maybe
this explains something to you.

The most interesting difference between both methods of import is that
without conversion of OLE objects (default setting!) they should be
displayed as the original PPT file displays them because we just show
the Windows Metafiles that have been put into the document by PPT. If
anything looks different to the file in PPT this must be a problem of
the Windows Metafile import code.

If you convert files on loading we create new (OOo) metafiles, and now
any deviation of the display clearly shows an import problem in the
Excel filter. If you doubleclick on such an imported OLE object you
should see the same displayed content because the OOo metafile we create
on import is just a representation of the Calc object.

In OOo2.0 we changed this. Now you should see the same display in both
cases, but the display can change if you doubleclick one of the
converted OLE objects because then you will see the result of the
import, not the metafile stored by PPT, and the Excel import still can
have the same bugs as in OOo1.x.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.