Hi Frank,

Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
Hi Ivo,

Okay, what do I have to do to repair this file?

/bin/echo -ne "\357\273\277" > mytmp ; cat sbabrw.src >> mytmp ; mv sbabrw.src sbabrw.src.old ; mv mytmp sbabrw.src

this command does not change the encoding ( use recode for that ), but only add those 3 Byte UTF8 marker infront of the file

Please use "echo" from /bin and not the shell build-in one.

Okay, and here the solution for MSDEV users:
  File|Save As|Save with encoding|Unicode (UTF-8, with signature)

I meanwhile found that dbaccess/source/ui/browser/sbabrw.src did contain
UTF-8 encoded German strings, but *not* the signature byte (thus the
umlauts were improperly displayed). In the other hand,

see above

dbaccess/source/ui/dlg/dbadmin.src did not contain UTF-8 encoded german
strings at all, neither with nor without signature byte. Instead, the
umlauts seemed to exist in the old encoding. /me is confused.

this is a bug! As the cws has not been integrated in the timeframe I expected, I was forced to resync several times. Thus this is a merge conflict. Please save as UTF8 and search / replace broken "umlauts" if needed.

Cheers,
Ivo