+1 on this.

 I think it makes sense to show the information in as many places as
possible. Having done all customer support for my own product the
last few years, it significantly cuts down on support traffic to have
version info easily accessible. If users can find it, most of them know that
more version information equals speedier service. My experience is that
if the information is readily available they will provide it. As most support
request can be handled with a single mail, this will significantly cut
support burden.

 Mathias B. mentioned a credits dialog that has more info. Where can
you find it? I tried to look in the usual places like Help and could not locate
it?

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:45:09 +0100, Joost Andrae wrote:
>> Better would be to include minor release numbers on the splash
>> screen as well.
>>

> The splashscreen is a bitmap...

 ...and you can easily render into it using FreeType? :-)

 Take care,

  Kai

--
Kai Backman, programmer, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ShortHike.com - space station game