Clemens Eisserer wrote:

> Hello Mathias,
>
> Well my personal opinion would be to better stick with QT or if this
> is not possible because of licensing reasons use wxwidgets. This way
> we'll re-invent the wheel another time.

Well, VCL and its predecessor StarView are much older than QT and IIRC
also older than wsWidgets. So the question remains who invented which
wheels. :-)

Honestly speaking, we would love to replace VCL with something that has
all the features we need, supports the same platforms in the same
quality, has all the features we currently not have but want (GUI
editor, layout manager etc.) and has a bright future.

But until now each of the candidates (XUL, Java, wxWidgets, QT) has some
disadvantages and as I wrote we need a migration strategie for our
current GUI code. However, questions like these are best discussed on
the gsl mailing list.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.