Philipp Lohmann - Sun Germany wrote:

> Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> Philipp Lohmann - Sun Germany wrote:
>> You overlook an important detail: the problem happens before any such
>> notification could have been sent and Frank obvisouly tried to explain that.
>
> The case Carsten mentioned was a control implementing :GetFocus and in
> there manipulating a sibling control via its parent window - which was
> already destroyed. That sibling would obviously already have gotten its
> dying notification. The other case you mention has nothing to do with
> derivatives of Window at all; of course you have to be careful that a
> member does not access the already partially destroyed parent. But this
> basically has nothing to do with Window focus handling, except that
> focus handling is one example for this.

No, the parent window wasn't destroyed, only partially. The bug we found
is exactly as I described it. And the problem is indeed related to
windows derivatives: without the focus change it wouldn't happen. Of
course you can have the same bug in other constructs also but in our
case it was definitely triggered by a focus change and the callbacks
related to this.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.