On 08.04.2011 14:22, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Mathias Bauer<nospamfor...@gmx.de>  wrote:
Hi,

AFAIK tcsh doesn't work anymore anyway -

using tcsh as the shell used *by* the build: yes.

But the environment files are for the user's shell, and there it would
still work.

Months ago I worked on that but then got in serious merge conflicts as
somebody else did some "refactoring" in configure.in. So I just abandoned
that work. AFAIR the fix was quite annoying work as the generation of the
scripts is scattered over the code.

configure has nothing to do with it, as it is generated by set_soenv[.in]

Yes and no. The support for "with-use-shell" is in configure and that's where I started. OTOH it's possible that it was set_soenv.in where large changes kept me from continuing. I don't remember exactly. Nevertheless, configure doesn't support "--with-use-shell" anymore since quite some time.

Regards,
Mathias

OpenOffice.org Engineering at Oracle: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS
Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".