In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Arindam Ghosh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> create function tile_for_point returns integer soname 'libmyosm.so';
> create function maptile_for_point returns integer soname 'libmyosm.so';
>
> These two are returning with "ERROR 1126 (HY000): Can't open shared
> library 'libmyosm.so' (errno: 22 libmyosm.so: cannot open shared
> object file: Permission denied)"
>
> Note that, svn local copy is owned by a local user and i'm trying to
> create the function in mysql from root/administrator mode. I created
> /etc/ld/so/conf.d/osm.conf and did ldconfig as given on the wiki. But
> its' giving the error for libmyosm.so (permission: 777). I am using
> mysql rpm from the Fedora repository. Can anyone point out what's
> going wrong.

Don't forget that the MySQL daemon won't be running as root, it
will be running as mysql. So the mysql user will probably need to
be able to open that file. As the file is 777 that should be
possible so most likely something on the path to the file does
not have search permission for the mysql user.

You can probably skip creation of those functions though, as they
are mainly only used for migration of data and you don't have large
chunks of data in your database to worry about.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.compton.nu/