Lennard <l...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Very cool this. What's the speed to access the hstore column, compared
> to the generic columns we now have?

I did not yet try to measure this.

> On the one hand, this has the potential to greatly increase the size of
> the db, as you will now get all kinds of tags you're never interested
> in.

Shure, but unwanted tags can already get removed using the delete flag in
the stylefile. While testing I already removed note and source tags
while importing data.

> On the other hand, one can now quickly use keys one never used
> before, without the need to reimport the whole db.

Thats the thing I was up to: Enabling the generation of special
interest maps with tags somebody invented just recently.

Sven

--
Um Kontrolle Ihres Kontos wiederzugewinnen, klicken Sie bitte auf das
Verbindungsgebrüll. (aus einer Ebay fishing Mail)

/me is gig...@ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web