On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Tom MacWright <t...@macwright.org> wrote:

> There is no way to 'just do it' until the style ... has active
> maintainers. Until then we're just talking.

seems like this might be the major hurdle - there do seem to be people
willing to contribute on this thread, but uncertainty about who is / will
be the maintainer and take on the long-term responsibility of choosing
which contributions to take.

i'd sound a note of caution about having separate "clean" and "detailed"
styles. we sort-of did that before with mapnik and osmarender respectively
and... well, we don't have osmarender any more.

cheers,

matt