Beste Danny,

First of all, welcome to the OTRS community!

About the dashboard question, if you'd modify the
AgentTicketDashboardGeneric.dtl file in otrs/Kernel/Output/HTML/Standard
to look like this (around line 50:)

title="$QData{"Title"}">$QData{"Title","70"}</div>

then you'd be good, and it is supposed not to be overwritten. What file
did you modify before?

For the second topic, I guess you are referring to something that we
call the 'QueueView' in OTRS. By default, the QueueView only lists
tickets where you'd need to work on, and where you'd have 'rw'
permissions on. Tickets with just read access, can be searched, and are
displayed in the StatusView if you have enabled that, for instance.

There is a SysConfig option to change the behaviour of the queue view,
if you'd want that: Frontend::Agent::Ticket::ViewQueue -->
ViewAllPossibleTickets.

Met vriendelijke groet,

--
Michiel Beijen
R&D

OTRS AG
Norsk-Data-Str 1.
61352 Bad Homburg
Deutschland

T: +31 (0) 6457 42418
F: +49 (0) 9421 56818-18
I:  http://www.otrs.com/

Business Location: Bad Homburg, Country Court: Bad Homburg, Commercial
register: 10751, Tax ID: 003 240
97505 Chairman of the Board: Burchard Steinbild, Managing Board: André
Mindermann (CEO), Martin Edenhofer

CU@ IIR Service Desk Forum in Mainz (Germany) and get to know more about
OTRS  at booth no. 12 from Nov 24-25, 2009!