Hi Mateo,

Many thanks for sharing your customizations for OTRS! Community contribution is really valuable for the project, and is important in order to grow more and more features.

The 'standard' way of proposing new functionality to OTRS is to raise a bug report at http://bugs.otrs.org with attached your new and/or patched files, together with a description of what it should do and how it works, preferably with a few screenshots as well. We will then review your submission and see if we find it useful, and if we can integrate it in one of the upcoming releases.

Cutting and pasting code is of course not a problem, just as long as the comments still make sense and the code is as good as possible. We usually run perlcritic on our code, which is a way to check your work against the recommendations made in Damian Conway's "Perl Best Practices" book, and perlcritic -4 My/File.pm should not give warnings anymore. For more info on perlcritic, check http://search.cpan.org/dist/Perl-Critic/

If you're not a very experienced OTRS coder, and/or not very experienced Perl developer, please still contribute. The only problem is that the integration process takes a bit more time if the code is not 100% great, so you'll have to bear with us a little longer before your code makes it to the CVS repositories.

In the occasion you'd have any questions on coding, OTRS, or whatever, please just let us now here on the dev mailing list, or drop me a line.

Kindest regards,
--
Michiel Beijen
R&D

OTRS AG
Norsk-Data-Str 1.
61352 Bad Homburg
Germany

T: +31 (0) 6457 42418
F: +49 (0) 9421 56818-18
I: http://www.otrs.com/

Business location: Bad Homburg, Country Court: Bad Homburg, HRB 10751, VAT ID: DE256610065
Chairman: Burchard Steinbild, Managing Board: André Mindermann

CU@ CeBIT 2010 in Hannover (Germany) and get to know more about OTRS at booth no. C37, in hall 2 from March 2-6, 2010! http://bit.ly/4qLvqm