Hi Leonid,

You're absolutely right with your analysis. Currently, if you're using
SSO, OTRS will expect that the user is already available. If you're
not using SSO, but LDAP Authentication instead, OTRS can pull in the
user data from LDAP on request. Unfortunately, with SSO, OTRS does not
do this at the moment.

You can run otrs/scripts/tools/sync-ldap2db.pl via a cron job or so to
make sure user data is available if the user connects.

hth,
--
Michiel Beijen
R&D

Follow me on Twitter: @otrsnl [https://twitter.com/otrsnl]

OTRS AG
Norsk-Data-Str 1.
61352 Bad Homburg
Germany

T: +31 (0) 6457 42418
F: +49 (0) 9421 56818-18
I: http://www.otrs.com/

Business location: Bad Homburg, Country Court: Bad Homburg, HRB 10751,
VAT ID: DE256610065
Chairman: Burchard Steinbild, Managing Board: André Mindermann

CU@ CeBIT 2010 in Hannover (Germany) and get to know more about OTRS
at booth no. C37, in hall 2 from March 2-6, 2010! http://bit.ly/4qLvqm