Hi Rocco,

On Monday, February 18, 2013, Rocco Tocci wrote:

> Good evening to all, can you tell me if there is the ability to retrieve
> some of the attributes of an asset attached to a ticket with
> the OTRS Notification Tags <OTRS_*>. I saw the link
> https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/**customer.pl?Action<https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl?Action>=
>  CustomerFAQZoom; ItemID = 70, but have not found anything about the CI.
> I would like to send, whith an automatic notification to a client, some
> data asset associated with the ticket.
>
> This is not possible out of the box; you can only send information on
Ticket, Service, SLA, Queue, and User related attributes. The thing is
there is a 1:n relationship with CI's, for any ticket there can be zero,
one or more CI's linked. This makes it difficult, if you would have a
ticket with one or more printers linked, what would a tag such as
<OTRS_CI_Printer_Location>  contain?

That said, I think it would be very helpful in some scenarios to be able to
provide attributes of linked CI's, or tickets, or changes, in
notifications. If anyone would have some thoughts on this (or code to
share!) I'd be definately interested.

--
Mike

--
Michiel Beijen
Senior Consultant

OTRS BV
Schipholweg 103
2316 XC Leiden
The Netherlands

T: +31 71 8200 255
I: http://www.otrs.com

OTRS 3.2 - More than a Help Desk System – Process and Customer Management –
Be an early bird with our special offer - http://j.mp/11TFPSr