Hi Bogdan,

If I read you correctly the use for this 'calculated' field would be to
have it in reporting, so Excel can handle your CSV files easier, right?

You *could* create an event module that sets a dynamic field at ticket
create time, this would work, but it requires some marginal development.

We can also try to fix it in the OTRS code, my proposal would be to include
a second ticket number field that contains a 'full' number such as "Ticket#
2013032710001234". The other, 'old' ticket number field should still be
available so we don't 'break' workflows for people who depend on this field
in their workflows.

What do you think?
--
Mike