On Sun, 20 May 2001, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> CC'ing Doug because this appears to be an issue with mod_perl config
> directives too.
>
> I cannot get AxKit to work with PHP4 loaded as a DSO. Regardless of how
> AxKit and mod_perl are compiled. I believe the same issue arose with PHP3.
>
> I even tried completely removing the BOOT: section in AxKit.xs, and
> switching to the LoadModule directive in httpd.conf:
>
> LoadModule XS_AxKit \
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux-multi/auto/AxKit/AxKit.so
>
> This looks for the XS_AxKit symbol in the .so, and loads the directives
> based on that. It works fine if I don't have PHP loaded, but if I have PHP
> loaded, requests segfault in the PHP handler:

did you remove the END xsub too?
i'd be surprised if this works, since apache will re-load AxKit.so, but
Perl will still be pointing to the old xsub address, since i don't
think the .pm will reloaded with this stuff stripped out.

the problem looks just like the one that 1.25 attempted to solve with this
Change:
fix directive handlers bug triggered by LoadModule foo_module

and the explanation posted to the list: