On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> so may be:
>       system "cvs add .cvsignore";
>       system "cvs ci -m 'ignore these' .cvsignore";

i just do the commit by hand, after doing another diff to make sure i the
script didn't break something.

> Will you make it a part of the rep or do you plan to manage all the new
> tests by yourself? Of course there is no hurry for anything like that, I
> was just wondering how do I get rid of ? when I produce a patch via 'cvs
> diff' :)

i always end up with ? files no matter if .cvsignore is up-to-date.  i
just do:
% cvs diff > foo.pat
open foo.pat in xemacs, review the patch, repeat until happy with patch,
cut out the ?'s from foo.pat, save foo.pat, post foo.pat