On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> so why would this test(s) fail, then?

because you moved the require of CGI to happen before the
t/response/TestModules/cgi.pm test required Apache::compat.

> I don't think it was exercising 1.x compat, or was it?

anything that uses CGI.pm is excercising 1.x compat.

> it just 'use Apache::compat ();' and then tests for $CGI::MOD_PERL. We
> could make sure that CGI.pm is reloaded via do()?

we know Apache::compat has to be loaded before CGI.pm, so we just do
that in the test setup.

> Why TestModules/cgi.pm need the Apache::compat part? I thought
> TestApache/compat was exercising it.

because CGI.pm needs Apache::compat.

> What's the conclusion then?
>
> - Put this issue on hold, resolve later
> - provide MP_APACHE_COMPAT option
> - merely document it
>
> I suppose that it's possible that someone will want to enable
> Apache::compat for some specific vhs and not the whole server.

just document for now, add a todo for MP_APACHE_COMPAT option.