On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> I also have a question regarding apr_table_t. When creating the table with
> apr_table_make one has to specify nelts. But then it grows automatically
> as required (right?), so what's the point of nelts then? pre-alloc? In any
> case what netls should I use for env vars table? I've used 2.

yes, purpose of nelts is to pre-alloc.
your patch looks good, but i want to hold off for the moment.  for the
same reason i've not gone forward with implementing this yet.  we need to
change things to env stuff does not modify the underlying C environ array
until an actual fork happens that will need to have environ modified.
this is for both performance and i'm pretty sure it isn't thread safe to
modify environ in concurrent threads.