On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> There is an issue with r->print that isn't implemented yet. I guess I
> cannot really move on with Registry, if print() is not available, unless I
> do a temporary overload with write($buf, length $buf). Which means that we
> have to implement PerlIO first. is that correct? If so how do we approach
> this issue, Can you please give us a few hints how to start?

$r->print does not depend on PerlIO.  it will be like the current puts(),
but check the value of $| and flush if non-zero.

for the moment you can 'use Apache::compat ()', notice the comment in
there:

#there's enough here to get simple registry scripts working
#add to startup.pl:
#use Apache::compat ();
#use lib ...; #or something to find 1.xx Apache::Registry