Hi Devs,

  In Roller we can create custom templates to a weblog and access them using
a link like http://rollerweblogger.org/roller/page/archives.Since  Roller
does not care about the rendering device at the moment it will render the
same template if viewed in a mobile device also.

But having separate mobile rendering capability, we have to have templates
that can render in mobile devices as well as Desktops.Here are the possible
solutions that i have thought of.

1. Having 2 separate templates as , one is for standard and other one is for
mobile.So a custom template page designer can create mobile optimized view
as wish and have a separate one for desktop standard.But viewer will see no
difference in the page link.

So a template will have a type defined as standard for desktop and Mobile
for mobile devices.

There is a problem as we cannot have 2 templates using same link and if we
are going to allow this we have to change getPageByLink() to
getPageByLinks() which will return a list of available pages. (but with
different types.) so render it according to the device.

2. We define the type to a template page as we do in the earlier.But
preserving unique link for a template feature we can create another custom
template with a predefined suffix and then render it to user.

As an eg:

We create template X having the link /page/link. if the type is mobile we
add the suffix .mobile   so link will be modified as
 /page/link.mobile (This will happen internally)

if type is standard we keep the original link. (/page/link)

So at the time a user ask for /page/link  when we identify the request comes
from a mobile device we will look for the template with   /page/link.mobile
first and if it is not available we will render the default one (standard).

I would like to have some suggestions and feedback on the above mentioned
ideas and really appreciate it.

Thank you

--
Shelan Perera