I was wondering why OOo considers the necessity to convert a line break to a series of paragraphs in the context of a shape (is that what "text boxes" are called ?) attached to a cell. I already found a number of instances in other files where the structure:
<text:p style1><text:span style2>text1</text:span></text:p>
<text:p style1><text:span style2>text2</text:span></text:p>
<text:p style1><text:span style2>text3</text:span></text:p>
was used by OOo to implement an MS file line break. For a number of reasons (not related to OOo but to tools that access the xml OOo generates) this is not a practical and logical way to represent a line break since the "paragraph" should encompass the whole set of strings and the line break should be implemented as an "inline" part of the paragraph. I may be wrong in my interpretation of what a paragraph is though.

Looks perfectly natural to me: A text box contains a number of paragraphs, each with some amount of text. Line breaks as shown in your example, to fit the text into the box, are usually automatic. Manual line breaks are the exception.

I am sorry I have to insist. I am not talking about text fitting into a box but about the contents of content.xml.

Imported Excel text boxes line breaks are interpreted as paragraphs, but OOo line breaks in the same context are not. Why the difference ? I think that is a bug:

<text:p text:style-name="P1">
<text:span text:style-name="T1">12/28日にSRG殿と </text:span>
  </text:p>
<text:p text:style-name="P1">
<text:span text:style-name="T1">MTGをおこなう予定で あり、</text:span>
  <text:span text:style-name="T1"><text:line-break/></text:span>
<text:span text:style-name="T1">その場にて解消予定日が 決定される。</text:span>
  </text:p>

The above text is displayed as:

(beginning of imported line break)
        12/28日にSRG殿と    (end)
(beginning of imported line break)
        MTGをおこなう予定であり、
        (OOo inline line break that I added manually)
        その場にて解消予定日が決定される。       (end)

I understand that this is not specifically a SC problem so I will CC the xml OD list too.

Thank you for your answers.

Jean-Christophe