Hi all,
(CC dev@sc.openoffice.org)

with OpenFormula v1.2 we will get a new FDIST function. The current FDIST function calculates the _right_ tail cumulative distribution function of the F-distribution. The new function will calculate the _left_ tail cumulative distribution function and the density function in addition and will have an optional parameter to distinguish between cumulative and density.

The old function is called LEGACY.FDIST and the new one is called FDIST internally.

I'm going to implement the new function and need an UI-name for the new function. I think, it would be very confusing to use the internal names in the UI too, because than we would have different meanings of FDIST in OOo3.1 and OOo3.2.

I suggest to use FDISTLEFT. But perhaps there is a spreadsheet application that has got this left tailed version already?
EXCEL 2007 and Gnumeric 1.6.3 do not know this function.

Any suggestions?

kind regards
Regina