On 8/25/06, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 8/24/06, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That would be good.  But I also ran into something else post-1.0.3 ...
> apparently profiles are not inherited the way I thought they were
either, so
> having the JSFRI-versus-MyFaces decision being done in shale-apps-parent
> might also not be the best long term solution (at least until Maven2
> changes).

Is this what you're referring to?
   http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Profile-Inheritance-p5803559.html

Yep.

Thinking out loud...

We still need to be able to build and test the framework against
different JSF implementations, so the profiles will be in shale-parent
(or possibly shale-core), but all of those dependencies will be marked
'provided'.

Then I think those profiles will be repeated in shale-apps-parent,
this time with the dependencies in compile scope, so they will be
included in WEB-INF/lib.

That seems like it should work.  It's a pain for us as framework developers,
but I'd *really* like to avoid the need tor downstream developers of apps
based on Shale to have to be pedantic about dependencies.  Ideally, they
could rely on shale-apps-parent (for whatever version of Shale they happen
to use) to pull all the right stuff in.

--
Wendy

Craig