(replying to dev, though I think these get picked up in JIRA eventually)

On 11/17/06, Craig McClanahan (JIRA) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
     [ http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-337?page=all ]

Craig McClanahan resolved SHALE-337.
------------------------------------

    Fix Version/s: 1.0.4-SNAPSHOT
       Resolution: Fixed

Improvement completed in nightly build 20061118.  You can now declare, in your
dialog-config.xml file for the basic implementation, that transitions to a
particular view should be done with a redirect instead of the normal call to
ViewHandler.createView().  For backwards compatibility, and philosophical
compatibility with standard JSF navigation, ViewHandler.createView() is the
default.

The underlying mechanism of recognizing a dialog id request parameter is built
in to shale-dialog's phase listener, so it would be possible for the
shale-dialog-scxml implementation to leverage this approach as well, once it
was determined how to represent the request for a redirect in an SCXML
configuration file.

<snip/>

Probably a <shale:redirect /> custom SCXML action, so its similar to
the JSF <redirect/> (prefix dev choice as with JSP taglibs). I'll take
a stab beginning of next week (before the long weekend travel kicks
in).

-Rahul