Hello,

During the last week I've invested time in improving the resource
injection functionality in Tiger extensions. Now I would like to
contribute the outcome.

Basically, what it does is simplifying further extensions. For example,
one doesn't have to deal any longer with the differences between field-
and property-based injection. Developers also don't have to concern
themselves with scanning a bean class for specific annotations. They
just have to register a proper handler for the desired annotation.

I didn't add any additional functionality beyond the basics (for
example, there is no support for more "sophisticated" annotations, like
@Resource or @EJB) because I currently don't have enough time for
testing these annotations thoroughly.

One of my main objectives was to not introduce any breaking changes and
therefore not only the 65 test cases I have written will run just fine
but also the currently existing ones. That's also the reason why it's
still not possible to decorate a setter using the @Value annotation.
Well, actually, it is possible, but then I would have to rewrite
existing tests and that's, as I have already said, exactly what I wanted
to avoid (at least for this first "release").

I will gladly answer any questions you may have and I'd be grateful for
any comments and feedback.

greets
Bernhard Huemer

[1]: Corresponding issue: